We are seeking our latest and greatest team member to lead our amazing Pennsylvania team!
Please review the job description below and if you meet our requirements we want to hear from you.
Cure Solutions is a multi-state organization (MSO) with operations in four states, including dispensaries, processing, and cultivation. We currently operate in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Colorado with ambitious plans to organically grow the company. Cure’s mission is to help our patients discover their cure with our employees delivering on this mission by modeling our values, demonstrating genuine compassion for our patients, focusing on continually improving our operation, while meeting and exceeding our stringent compliance standards.
The Regional Director (RD) plays a key leadership role within the Retail Management Team for our Pennsylvania operation. She or He is responsible for leading our dispensaries to deliver exceptional results and provide the highest standard of customer service while always striving for excellence. The Regional Director is responsible for defining and executing strategic action plans to ensure a strong control of KPI’s, CRM activities, vendor relationships, and compliance. The Regional Director must identify key employee talent being able to create and implement development plans, drive a strong presence within the market. The RD is responsible create a culture that fosters Cure’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Rules.
· Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model and steward Cure’s Mission
· Drive and maximize sales performance to consistently achieve the overall budget while ensuring operational integrity and monitoring monthly profitably
· Drive the implementation of company strategies and annual budget adherence by motivating and supporting the District Manager, Business Operations Manager, and store teams
· Conduct store visits on a weekly basis and evaluate stores in the following key areas – management of team, inventory, KPIs, FOH/BOH standards, processes, staff proficiency, business strategy and business tools; develop store and process enhancements as needed
· Follow very closely all KPIs as regard to sales, patient productivity, cost control, cash handling, and inventory management and develop measurable action plans to drive growth
· Represent Cure at Pennsylvania Cannabis Coalition and industry events
· Identify and develop new business opportunities and bring to senior management
· Overall owner of compliance leveraging Business Operations Manager institute and execute compliance strategies
· Ensure stores, staff and inventory are compliant with PA Regulations
· Partner with PA Department of Health (DOH) on regular and surprise inspections
· Develop rapport with DOH staff and consistency meet and exceed compliance standards
VENDOR AND INVENTORY BUYING
· Analyze sales and business trends to identify opportunities and develop inventory buying plans
· Actively search and understand market competition with focus on gaining market share
· Partner with grow processors to purchase maximum inventory quantity at best price and delivery frequency
· Regular comprehensive reporting to senior management with strategic content
MARKETING & CRM – CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
· Lead social media marketing and Cure’s presence including FB, IG Twitter, Weedmaps, and Leafly
· Utilize email and text marketing database to drive sales and patient engagement
· Promote brand awareness, establish market/store presence, and capture competitive market share
· Drive patient marketing by identifying key strategies, executing media buys, and deciding on marketing vehicles
· Utilize in-house and third-party data to improve patient experience and drive sales
PERFORMANCE AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
· Lead and manage all Pennsylvania staff
· Partner with Human Resources on complex employee relations issues and escalate as needed
· Oversee the annual performance review process and salary planning process for respective stores
· Identify and create action plans and build development plans for all retail employees
· Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team and build a talent pipeline
· Hold bi-weekly management and monthly all-hands meetings to ensure strong communication, reward successes, and drive accountability
· Experience of at least 10 years of retail field management with experience in a district and/or regional management role
· Demonstrated success leading a retail operation with exceptional customer service and large repeat customer base
· Operates with a high degree of ethics and integrity
· Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating and financial reports to manage budget, inventory, and performance
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, apply good judgement in ambiguous situations while being flexible and adaptable
· Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve mutual objectives
· Great verbal and written communication skills
· Flexible, adaptable, reliable, and able to work well under pressure
· Extremely well organized and structured
· Ability to travel locally in Pennsylvania and work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as the business needed
· Willing to assist when needed in other states where Cure operates
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to pass the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program 2-hour (on-line) compliance training and required background check.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Cure offers a competitive benefits package including a variety of medical, and retirements options. The company also offers paid time off based on tenure and job level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cure provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identification, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cure complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.