Cure Pennsylvania operates three medical marijuana dispensaries in Lancaster, Philadelphia, and Phoenixville Pennsylvania. Cure’s mission is to help our patients discover their cure. The company is focused on patient access to top quality and compassionately priced medicine. Our employees deliver on this mission by modeling our values, demonstrating genuine compassion for our patients, focusing on continually improving our operation, while meeting and exceeding our stringent compliance standards.
To serve our patients, Cure carries a wide assortment of Pennsylvania Department of Health approved medical marijuana in various forms such as vaporization, pill, tincture, oil, topical, dry leaf and concentrate. Cure is seeking employees who want to bring their expertise, experience, and passion to serve the medical needs of Pennsylvania’s residents.
The Retail Dispensary Manager (DM) position leads the company’s dispensary level retail operations including staffing, buying, merchandising, patient order fulfillment, cashiering, loss prevention, driving sales and margin, and patient check-in processes. The DM is primarily responsible for the effective performance management and execution of retail operations for their respective dispensary. Some key responsibilities are working closely with the company’s medical professional team and Patient Consultants to create an extraordinary patient experience; working with the Director of Compliance to ensure all regulatory compliance areas are followed; and driving the successful financial performance to increase sales and margin. The DM will also be a leader in driving a strong culture of employee engagement, inclusion and diversity at the dispensary location and across Cure Pennsylvania.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and manage their respective dispensary retail team members including patient consultants, inventory control associates, and medical professionals with the goal to deliver best-in-class customer service to patients.
· Hire and staff the dispensary with top quality talent providing regular feedback and coaching to develop direct reports.
· Managing time and respecting protocol and compliance under fast-paced retail conditions
· Drive a culture of positive employee engagement with a strong focus on inclusion & diversity to leverage the strength of each employee.
· Proactively monitor dispensary profit and loss and develop effective ways to fill in any gaps between actual performance and company budget and projections.
· Work closely with grower-processors to understand and learn about their products.
· Partner with Director of Retail Operations and grower-processor partners to provide and maintain compelling retail environment and merchandised dispensaries.
· Verifies the work performed by store personnel through order audits, CCTV review, and discussions with staff.
· Responsible for internal and external loss prevention and cash-over-short reduction efforts.
· Maintain an ongoing knowledge of medical marijuana and retail trends to help create innovative and adaptive strategies.
· Review KPI reports for dispensary to monitor opportunities and challenges.
· Promote open feedback from retail staff, medical professional team, and inventory control department.
· Supports the company’s efforts to meet all regulatory requirements in partnership with the Director of Compliance and Director of Retail Operations.
· Become a subject matter expert in Pennsylvania’s seed-to-sale tracking system MJ Freeway and LEAF Data System.
· Integrity and trust
· Operational focus
· Priority setting
· Communication skills
Direct manager for the Patient Consultants, Inventory Control Department, and Medical Professionals at the Phoenixville dispensary
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee may be required to stand for a full shift. Other requirements include walking, squatting, kneeling, bending or driving.
The physical demands and responsibilities described here are representative of those are met by an employee to successfully perform the job. This position is moderately active and requires prolonged standing and walking for the duration of the shift with push/pull/lift ability up to 30 pounds
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position in a medical marijuana dispensary open seven days per week. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather may be required. This position reports to the Director of Retail Operations.
Limited travel in southeast Pennsylvania amongst the dispensaries and grow-processors with minimal out-of-state travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 8-12+ years of progressive retail or food service experience required
· 3-5 years progressive management and operations experience required
· Must be able to drive and be insurable under the company’s policy. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)/Driver Record may be required for insurance purposes.
· Able to maintain and pass Pennsylvania Department of Health background check.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
All employees must successfully pass the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program 2-hour compliance training within 7 days of hire.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Cure offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and retirement options. The company also offers paid time off based on tenure and job level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cure provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identification, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cure complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time