We’re working to keep you and our employees safe.
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For Cure, this means understanding how it affects our employees, customers and communities, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several moves in response to the threat of COVID-19.
The state of Pennsylvania has deemed medical marijuana dispensaries essential medical services. We will take every measure possible to remain open during this crisis. If you have been to one of our dispensaries during the COVID-19 disaster emergency, you will have noticed that we have been taking precautionary measures to limit the chances of contact with the COVID-19 virus. We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. In addition, we are following the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Directing Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-Person Operations which goes into effect at 8:00pm on April 19, 2020.
What is Cure doing during this COVID-19 outbreak to keep our patients and employees safe?
- Requiring all visitors to wear a facemask or appropriate facial cover at all times while waiting in line and while inside the dispensary.(If wearing a mask is not possible for health reasons or if visiting with a child under the age of 2, an alternative method of dispensing will be arrange upon your arrival)
- Adjusted business hours Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat (10a-6p), Thu & Fri (10a-8p), Sun (10a-5p)
- Reserved the first hour of business (10a-11a) on Tuesday and Saturday for High-Risk and 65 and over patients only
- Store Pharmacy consultations are done remotely video conference or telephone, please schedule here
- Requiring patients to maintain the recommended 6ft separation at all times while waiting in line outside, at the check-in counter, except when scanning ID, and at the register when dispensing medication, except when placing payment on the counter and when obtaining your dispensed medication
- Employees may wear their own medical grade or home-made face protection including safety glasses and bandannas. These supplies are in limited supply around the country, we have orders filled and are awaiting supplies
- Requiring all patients to place orders online prior to arriving at the dispensary, phone lines are limited. Your wait time may be extended if your order is not placed prior to arrival at the dispensary.
- We have instructed employees to stay home if they are showing any signs of a fever or cough
- All employees must wash their hands upon entering the building and routinely throughout the day
- Employees have been asked to minimize physical contact between each other and with our patients. Please do not take offense if we are not shaking hands or giving high fives’s
- Protective gloves are being worn by employees during cashiering, at the check-in desk, and when handling inventory
- We’ve increased our cleaning and sanitizing efforts in our dispensaries by disinfecting all surfaces and door handles routinely throughout the day
- Hand sanitizers are now present throughout our dispensaries, and we are encouraging frequent use by patients and employees
- Signage is posted throughout our dispensaries to reinforce behavior that employees and patients can take to reduce the risk of contact with the virus
- Our team is developing contingency operational and staffing plans to minimize potential disruption in services in the event of a worsening situation
- We are limiting the number of patients in our facility at any given time. This may mean that patients will need to wait outside until it is their turn to enter the facility
- Employees take temperature at the start of their shift and are sent home if temperature is 100 degrees or higher or if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19
The health and wellbeing of our patients, caregivers, and employees is paramount to us. We understand how important access to medical marijuana is to each of you. We are making every effort possible to make sure that we can continue to serve you. For updates from Cure, please check our website and subscribe to our email and text alerts at https://curepenn.com/.
The Cure Pennsylvania Team